The return of the EPL season is upon us. It’s time to revive the Prediction Contest.
As a refresher, here are the rules:
You’ll be given a list of all the teams participating in the EPL this season (below). The goal of the contest is to predict the finishing place of all 20 teams (not their point totals, just position). So if you think Fulham will win the league, followed closely by Everton and Sunderland you’d put
Fulham – 1
Everton – 2
Sunderland – 3
and so on in that fashion.
The scoring is as follows:
- Exactly correct = 3 points
- Off +/- 1 position = 1 point
- Correct Champion = 1 bonus point
- Correct relegated teams = 1 bonus point each (max. 3 obviously)
So if my theoretical finish was Fulham, Sundelrand, Everton, then my prediction would be worth 6 points- 3 for Fulham Correct, 1 each for Everton & Sunderland within one position, and a bonus point for the champion.
Here are this year’s teams and their position at the conclusion at the end of last season for your reference.
|Queens Park Rangers||17|
|West Bromwich Albion||10|
|West Ham United*||3|
Teams with * indicates position in Championship of promoted teams
To enter, copy and paste the table below (I went ahead and removed the position from last year) with your prediction next to the team. 2 requests please:
- Please keep the table in alphabetical order, not your predicted order. THis will make it easier for me to compile the entries and create the spreadsheet to track results
- Put your predictions behind a [spoiler] tag so we don’t influence each others’ decisions
DEADLINE IS SATURDAY THE 18th AT 11:00 AM CENTRAL The time stamp on your LTE will be the entry time. Good luck to everyone.
Queens Park Rangers
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United