I'm down to six days! Random ten music thoughts:
1. Lydia Loveless will be coming back to MN on March 1, opening for the Hackensaw Boys (???) at the Cabooze.
2. I can't imagine I won't be there. I can't imagine you won't want to be there with me. Here's some more music, and a radio interview, to listen to.
3. EAR's birthday is Tuesday, and I'm taking her out on Sunday. It's my tradition to make her a mixdisc for her birthday, and I'm having a hard time putting one together. Probably because I just want to burn her a CD with 13 Lydia Loveless songs on it, only I don't think my wife would dig the cussing and excessive drinking.
4. I also typically make a mixdisc for her and my in-laws of my "Best of" the year pics that weren't on the summer mix, but I'm running up against the cussing problem again with Lydia and the Weeknd.
5. I'm way too obsessed, I want to name this baby girl "Lydia".
6. EAR says no to that because all she can think of is "Lydia the Tattooed Lady"
7. Lydia the pig looks like she could be a barista at Hard Times or some similar coffee joint.
8. Another of my fave-album releasing guitar-playing gurl singers from this past year, Tristen, will be at the Varsity Theater on May 7, opening for Justin Townes Earle.
9. I just cannot stop staring at Tristen's twitter avatar. If I knew this girl, she could wreck my life. I doubt I could say no to her, no matter the request. Hopefully that won't make things awkward for me at her merch table.
T. My mother told me that if she hadn't named me Adam, she was going to go for Tristan. Seriously? Holy crap, I'd be that much further out there, but I'd probably love "Charlatans at the Garden Gate" even more.