So, what's up?
1. Ambrosia Parsley “Everybody Came” For the Kids Too!
2. Eric Copeland “Puerto Rican” Puerto Rican
3. Neneh Cherry “I Wanna Know”* Feel It CDS
4. Mavis Staples* “Stronger” We Get By
a. Eastern Kingbird “Odd Calls” (Cornell Master Set)
5. Bat For Lashes “Travelling Woman” Two Suns
6. Lana Del Rey “Born to Die (Two Armadillos Remix Version 2)” Born to Die 12"
7. Ani DiFranco “Both Hands (Live)” More Joy, Less Shame
8. Locust Fudge “We Shall Be Released” Oscillation
b. Least Flycatcher “Whit and Twitter Calls” (Cornell Master Set)
9. Phoebe Bridgers “Wilt” Daytrotter Session
T. Sylvan Esso “Sound” What Now
3. Produced by Tricky. One of several productions for her album Man that were relegated to B-sides for some reason I can't figure. (Only "Together Now", which had also been on his Nearly God album made Man.)
4. Ms. Staples has had quite a string of albums this decade, with albums produced by M. Ward, Ben Harper, Jeff Tweedy. This is from this year's album. She just turned 80.
Huh, you had that MJ,LS "single" too? That wasn't exactly official, right?
Nope, it was released by Righteous Babe.
Almost seemed like it was issued to people, not purchased. Though I know I got mine used at either Cheapo or the Electric Fetus.
The only Ani DiFranco I own, but I've listened to it a lot. Probably as much this live version of "Both Hands" than all the versions of "Joyful Girl" put together.
New Redd Kross album today. Of course that hussy Taylor Swift also releases an album to detract from the Redd Kross buzz.
1. It's Raining Again--Supertramp
2. An American Tune--Paul Simon
3. Baby Come Back--Player
4. Brilliant Disguise--Bruce Springsteen
5. Will It Go Round In Circles?--Billy Preston
6. Every Woman in the World--Air Supply
7. You Don't Mess Around With Jim--Jim Croce
9. Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft--The Carpenters
10. Rocket Man--Elton John
Erik Griswold's "Hollows out of time" is the album I find myself coming back to again and again recently. Lyrical but with unsettled undercurrents and just enough percussive elements from the prepared piano.
01. "Total Drench" – Iceage – New Brigade
02. "Nothing Nice" – Aye Nako – Silver Haze
03. "Sadie" – Joanna Newsom – The Milk-Eyed Mender
04. "Pink Gardenia" – Flat Duo Jets – Flat Duo Jets
05. "Living North" – Cymbals Eat Guitars – Why There Are Mountains
06. "Hornets! Hornets!" – The Hold Steady – Separation Sunday
07. "Bali Ha'l" – Werner Muller – Hawaiian Swing
08. "Like A Girl" – Lizzo – Cuz I Love You
a. "DRM-MARCH FILL" – Casio – SK-1
09. "Which One Am I?" – Perfections – Eccentric Soul Vol. 6: Twinight's Lunar Rotation
10. "What's A Girl To Do?" – Bats For Lashes – Fur And Gold
* The Captain - The Knife - Silent Shout
* Apeshit - The Carters - Everything is Love
* A Heavy Abacus - The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
* Illumine - International Contemporary Ensemble - Aequa (Anna Thorvaldsdottir)
* Cello Concerto Allegro Fantastico - Alisa Weilerstein - Elgar & Carter Cello Concertos (Elliot Carter)
* Conquistador - Dylan Carlson - Conquistador
* Burning Car - Screaming Females - Rose Mountain
* Plane - Emptyset - Demiurge
* Dust Bunnies - Kurt Vile - b'lieve I'm goin down...
* If Trouble Was Money - Gary Clark Jr. - Gary Clark Jr. Live
Come for the keytar solo, stay for the Dickey Betts guitar licks
Comments are closed.