A Monday night game threw off my schedule. Here's a whangdoodle.
14 games represents 25% of the scheduled season, so we're now into the second half of the first half. Other than Eriksson Ek still leading the team in goals scored, I think this team has been pretty much as expected.
This week's schedule:
We have to be almost done with the Kings at this point, right?
LA won three in a row last week to vault to the top of the bottom of the West standings - Minnesota's sweep of Anaheim puts them with the best points percentage, but the fewest games played. Separation remains difficult for this group.
LA - 17 points in 16 games
Arizona - 17 points in 17 games
Minnesota - 16 points in 14 games
San Jose - 16 points in 16 games
Anaheim - 15 points in 18 games
The Kirill Kaprizov Corner
Kaprizov continues to lead all NHL rookies in assists and is tied for first in total points. (3G - 8A - 11Pts)
He is indeed - fun.
Players not Named Kirill
- Eriksson Ek continues to have a spectacular year. I'm not even questioning it any more.
- Fiala is scoring. This is a very good thing.
- Rask continues to score when Kaprizov feeds him the puck. I guess we let it ride? (special shout out to Rask winning 12 of 13 faceoffs against the Ducks on Saturday - I'm as confused as any of you)
- The Wild continue to be saturated with good defensemen. Dakota Mermis and Calen Addison sound like they acquitted themselves well in short stints on the COVID-decimated roster.
- Zuccarello is back! (three points in three games? Yeah, he gets an exclamation point for that)
|Dumba||3||Brodin / Parise||4||Fiala||7|
|Kaprizov||3||Eriksson Ek||4||Brodin / Parise / Suter||6|