I got nothing. My life these days consists of the 18 month-old demanding the Moana LP, then the Frozen LP, then the Moana LP...
I try to slip "Born to Run" or "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" in on occasion, but usually no dice.
As a result I have capital "O" Opinions on Frozen's soundtrack. #1 of which is that Kristen Bell's singing voice is much nicer to listen to than Idina Menzel's.
12 thoughts on “FMD 20220225 – Kristen Bell > Idina Menzel”
I can sing most of the Moana soundtrack from memory. My favorite is, ’You’re Welcome’ - I play it for myself as much as for the kids (maybe more … they sit & groan).
1. If You See Her, Say Hello - Bob Dylan
2. Because - The Beatles
3. A Day In The Life - The Beatles
4. The Fatal Wound - Switchfoot
5. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
6. Westbound Sign - Green Day
7. Speed - Montgomery Gentry
8. Mozart: La Nozze Di Figaro, K - 492 Overture - Roberto Paternostro: Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra
9. Love Or Something Like It - Kenny Rogers
10. The Other Way - Weezer
B. Hard To Explain - The Strokes
That Strokes album is definitely a "time and place" one for me.
I was kinda partial to "Shiny," ...and most of the rest of them.
I love that it's a pure Bowie ripoff in the best way.
(yeah, I'll admit to being partial to the Moana soundtrack)
Can't go wrong with Jermaine
Yeah, I remember you and FTLT calling out Shiny when that soundtrack first dropped.
01. "Knockin At The Wrong Door" – The Rollers – Eccentric Soul: The Outskirts Of Deep City
02. "You Lose" – The Replacements – Hootenanny
03. "Flourescent Half-Dome" – Dirty Projectors – Bitte Orca
04. "Headphones" – I'm From Barcelona – Who Killed Harry Houdini?
05. "Groovy Situation" – Gene Chandler – The Gene Chandler Situation
06. "Fairy Dance, Op. 12-4 - Ewa Poblocka – Edvard Grieg – Classical Piano Music
07. "Constantly Hating (feat. Birdman)" – Young Thug – Barter 6
08. "Cowgirl In The Sand" – Neil Young – Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
09. "Caravan" – Thelonius Monk – Thelonius Monk Plays Duke Ellington
10. "The Heart Of Saturday Night" – Tom Waits – The Heart Of Saturday Night
* Pretty Okay - Screaming Females - Live at the Hideout
* Hooker with a Penis - Tool - Ænima
* Solitaire, Op. 1: IV. Dirge - Sæunn Thorsteinsdottir - Vernacular (Hafliði Hallgrímsson)
* The Greatest Light is the Greatest Shade - The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
* Two-Timing Touch and Broken Bones - The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives
* History Eraser - Courtney Barnett - The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas
* Canticles of the Holy Wind: V. The Singing Tree - The Crossing - Canticles of the Holy Wind (John Luther Adams)
* Break on Through (To the Other Side) - mewithoutYou - [untitled]
* Reflection - Tool - Lateralus
Back to back æsh characters. That's ... something.
1) "Twij" - Rick Wakeman Cost of Living
2) "Girl Friend" - Wings London Town
3) "I Want You Tonight" - Pablo Cruise Part of the Game
4) "Alicia Discovers Nash's Dark World" - James Horner A Beautiful Mind soundtrack
5) "One Day to Fly" - Alan Parsons On Air
6) "What Goes Up" - Alan Parsons Project Pyramid
7) "The Funeral" - Jerry Goldsmith Fierce Creatures soundtrack
8) "Dolcet Umbra" - Roger Eno Lost in Translation
9) "Seek and You Shall Find" - Marc Jordan Talking Through Pictures
10) "Fall on Me" - R.E.M. The Best of the IRS Years 1982-1987
bonus) "The Demon God" - Joe Hisaishi Princess Mononoke soundtrack
Disappointed that I missed the ‘War On Drugs’ mini-caucus, but for anyone who appreciates Claypool and Geddy Lee, I just picked up tickets to the St. Paul stop of the ‘A Tribute To Kings’ tour.
Mags: Do yourself a favor, get her hooked on The Okee Dokee Brothers.
Comments are closed.