The Chicago bluesman past away last week at the age of 84.
Music from an Irish singer for an Irish-ish day!
New talent Shamir walks the streets of Brooklyn in a somber Take Away Show.
26 Mar 2015
Oh man, it's another upside down guitar player. Also, don't take this video as fully representative of Shamir's style. This kid wears a lot of different hats.
So, I was trying to think of a worthy and momentous way to close out this (truthfully) spontaneous celebration of women in music, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I'd like to think we do a pretty good job on a daily basis exposing the several people that listen to many females of past, present, and future. That said, these past few weeks have still been a lot of fun, and a well deserved showcase.
Somehow, we've yet to feature Ms. Prass. In all truthfulness, I've loved her debut, but something is still lacking that I can't quite put my finger on. I'm stingy with my stars, but I'd still give it at least an 8/10. Here she is just recently down in Austin playing a stipped down number from her new one.
2015; like 2 weeks ago
EDIT: holy crap, I thought her guitarist was playing a right handed guitar with the strings reversed, like you do, but no, he's just playing it upside down. who does that!?
okay, there a couple things to deconstruct here:
- first of all, sweet chops.
- as someone noted in the comments, the reflection of the crowd in his aviators is pretty sweet.
- dave grohl with the drumming assist.
- yet another sweet double humbucker hollow body.
- jimi hendrix and kurt cobain were noted left handed guitarists that played right handed guitars with the strings reversed. WHY THE HELL IS HIS LEFT HANDED RHYTHM GUITARIST PLAYING AN ACTUAL LEFT HANDED GUITAR WITH THE STRINGS REVERSED!?