Superchunk still puttling out great stuff. I should had this on the Summer list for obvious reasons.
All time fave song for me.
Game 3 after yesterday's rainout. Looks like good weather for next few days so all games should get in no problem.
First pitch schedule for at 7:03p
Two games today as Yankees and Guardians wrap up the ALDS and the Padres and Phillies meet for game 1 of the NLCS.
Yankees host Guardians at 3:00p
Phillies at Padres at 7:00p
Consider this the game log for both.
4 Games today starting at Noon. Post your game thoughts here.
12:00p - Phillies at Braves
2:25 - Mariners at Houston
6:35 - Guardians and Yankees
8:35 - Padres at Dodgers
Game 161, the season is mercifully coming to an end. Except for a 6 week period or so in April-May, this season has been pretty disappointing. Here's some of my notable disappointments.
1. The inability to develop a bullpen.
2. Rocco being super concerned about pitchers going through the line up a 3rd time but replacing the starter with a reliever who can't get through the line up the first time.
3. Carlos Correa having a meh season when the Twins were competing and going lights out when they were out of it.
4. Lots of young good hitters who don't seem to have a natural place in the field
5. Trading for pitchers who are hurt
6. Poor execution on the basepaths
7. Poor execution with men on base
First Pitch at 7:10 from the Southside.
Finally, we've circled this week since the schedule came out over the winter. Six of the last nine games against the White Sox to determine who would be the AL Central Division champs. These two teams have been eying each other all year long and finally it's put up or shut up time with the winner off to the playoffs. There is nothing more thrilling that play-off like baseball in September.
Bailey Ober for the Twins and old friend Lance Lynn for the Whities.
First pitch at 6:40 but buckle in, these next games are going to be epic.
No words for this.
This song is so muscular and this live version perfectly captures its essence.
The Wrens had one amazing album in 2003 (The Meadowlands) and then kinda faded away. A couple members are now in a band called Aeon and they play a bunch of The Wrens songs. This is an ultimate kiss-off song and I love kiss-off songs.